Monday, March 9, 2009

Randomness

Here are a few random little baby-related events from the past few days.
  • The baby kicked the other day while I was listening to NPR. I've decided that it already has good taste.
  • I flew out of state to visit some friends this weekend, bringing this baby's number of flights up to 6. I'm flying up for a shower another weekend in April, so this baby will take 8 flights before it's even born!
  • When I flew I only had carry-ons, so they did get a little heavy. On the flight up I was a little frustrated because nobody helped me, but of course I didn't ask. On the flight back I finally told a passenger near me that I'm pregnant and I needed help getting my suitcase in the overhead compartment, and suddenly everybody was so nice and willing to help. Sometimes I just need to stop being stubborn and ask for help.
  • One of my friends gave me a beautiful diaper bag while I was visiting them this weekend. It's Vera Bradley and the colors are navy blue and green. It even has an 'M' embroidered on it - our last name's initial. She also gave me two embroidered burp clothes - one with a Clemson paw that says "Tigers" and another that says "UNC." Hunter said good, the baby can throw up on the one that says UNC. (I am the one who went to graduate school at UNC - Hunter's not exactly a fan.)
  • When I got home last night Hunter hugged me and put his hand on the baby. He kept reaching for the baby and he read a book to it last night. He finally admitted that he missed the baby more than me - I don't mind at all. :)
  • The big ultrasound is this afternoon! I am terrified and so excited at the same time. Chances are that everything will go well, but I am all too aware of how many things could go wrong!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am thinking and praying for you today. I have been following your little one since the begining and have been excited for the day when I was ready to share with you. I am thrilled that we are so close in dates!

Jen said...

I'm glad to see things are going good with your pregnancy. Good luck with your u/s.