I have been going to a breastfeeding support group offered by our hospital since Eleanor was born and it's been really helpful. It meets once a week and is led by two lactation consultants. You can ask questions, get them to help you with any problems you have, weigh the baby and see if she's gaining weight like she should be, and meet other moms. It's just nice to get out of the house somewhere and be surrounded by people who don't care if your baby is crying (because theirs probably is too) or if you have to feed the baby right then. Anyway, I weighed Eleanor yesterday and I can't believe how much she's gained! I've adjusted these weights a little bit to keep them consistent since sometimes she's worn a diaper and other times she wore nothing.
Birth: 7 lbs 3 oz
BF Group (5 days old): about 7 lbs 1 oz
Pediatrician (8 days old): 7 lbs 4 oz
BF Group (12 days old): about 7 lbs 14 oz!!
Like I mentioned before, the goal is for babies to be back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks. Eleanor's not even 2 weeks old yet and she's already way over her birth weight. She's already going 4 hours between almost every feeding, and I guess that's not a problem!
Sleep is getting better. The last two nights she has slept from about 10 PM to 5:30 AM with just one feeding in the middle. I don't mind being up for one hour in the middle of the night, but I realize that this probably isn't her pattern yet.
Besides eating, sleeping, and making cute faces, she doesn't really do much yet! I just enjoy holding her all the time and singing and reading to her. Here's a cute picture of her little sleepy face.
Birth: 7 lbs 3 oz
BF Group (5 days old): about 7 lbs 1 oz
Pediatrician (8 days old): 7 lbs 4 oz
BF Group (12 days old): about 7 lbs 14 oz!!
Like I mentioned before, the goal is for babies to be back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks. Eleanor's not even 2 weeks old yet and she's already way over her birth weight. She's already going 4 hours between almost every feeding, and I guess that's not a problem!
Sleep is getting better. The last two nights she has slept from about 10 PM to 5:30 AM with just one feeding in the middle. I don't mind being up for one hour in the middle of the night, but I realize that this probably isn't her pattern yet.
Besides eating, sleeping, and making cute faces, she doesn't really do much yet! I just enjoy holding her all the time and singing and reading to her. Here's a cute picture of her little sleepy face.
4 comments:
She is thriving! Food, cuddles and love ..... :)
She looks like she's having an intense dream. :) Wanted to let you know I moved my blog to butterflybaby15.blogspot.com- long story...
One hundred kisses a day. That's how they grow. Obviously she's meeting her quota. ;)
Keep up the good work, Mama.
Beth she is so precious!! I just want to reach in the computer and pinch her cute little cheeks!! I am so very happy that she is finally here! Hope you are doing ok.
Kara
Post a Comment