Sunday, October 30, 2011

Meeting an old friend

Last Saturday I got to meet an old friend for the first time!  Sounds weird, doesn't it?  In the months after Ada died, I found several other women online who had just gone through similar experiences.  We became each other's online support group (because thankfully most of us don't know many people in real life who have had similar losses) and through that became friends.  Jen is one of the first people I "met".  Her daughter Lily passed away just a few weeks after Ada died.  We helped each other through those first few months, trying to get pregnant again, getting pregnant again, scary moments during pregnancy, having another baby, and still grieving our first babies even after having another child.  Her son, Cooper, is about 3 months younger than Eleanor.

Jen told me a few months ago that they were going to be in Orlando in October and I was excited that we would finally have the chance to meet!  Our families went out to dinner last Saturday night and it was so wonderful to finally meet in person somebody who has been there for me so much over the past 3+ years.  Her husband and little boy were amazing too!  I'm so glad we got the chance to meet!




Unfortunately, just a couple of days after those pictures, Cooper got really sick when they got back home.  He got pnemonia caused by RSV and coupled with his asthma and hypotonia he has had a really, really hard time.  He was put in the ICU on Friday but is being transferred back to a regular room today.  Please keep Jen, Cooper, and Jen's husband Chuck in your prayers.  Cooper is one LOVED little boy and he needs to get better fast!

1 comment:

Malou's Mama said...

I've been praying hard for Cooper's full recovery (and for his mom and dad to stay sane, which I am sure is hard, during this time) since I saw your post on fb.
It is fun to see the pictures of your cuties on this blog - I'm so used to seeing them on their own blogs, but together is really cool. It's so strange when I feel like I know you, but I've never heard your voice. And now to see two of my "internet friends" together is bizarre! Glad you had a great time.