Today was good but not great. All of our travel went smoothly, but there have just been a few things that weren't as we expected. Number one, our phones don't work here! I thought they would. After all, this is the service area map for our provider:

Oh the website though, it says that the phones don't work outside of the continental US. I didn't read that little bit of information until we got here. On the down side, I'm celebrating my birthday while I'm here and I won't get to talk to anybody. On the positive side, it's probably good for us to disconnect and have a vacation. :) (Well, except for this blog, of course!)
It took a while to get our rental car and to find the apartment where we're staying, but it all worked out. Thank goodness Hunter has map software on his laptop! The place is nice and we love all of the plants in the courtyard outside. The apartment has one bedroom and only has air conditioning in the bedroom. Somehow we knew this and planned on having Eleanor sleep in the living room...but it's way too warm out there for that. The only tv is in the bedroom, so that's pretty much out after 7 PM. Still, the place is nice and it's in a very convenient location. Tonight we walked to dinner (so yummy!) and to a little market to get a few things for breakfast. I know the beach is a few blocks away, but we haven't made it there yet. Tomorrow we look forward to exploring the area!
2 comments:
I don't know how I would feel without my cell phone but you're not completely out of touch since you have your laptop. Hey, I've seen you on fb and your blog so I haven't had a chance to miss you yet :)
Have a great time!
I'm jealous! It is getting cold here...
Have fun! Look forward to hearing more.
-Stephanie
Post a Comment