Sunday, May 2, 2010

My new toy!

Yesterday Hunter came home from work with a small box wrapped in blue copy paper.  (Yes, he had it delivered to work and made an extra effort to wrap it in blue paper, not white.)  He said that he wanted to give me my Mother's Day present early because it was "time sensitive".  I knew that he was planning to get me something, but I was thinking small and the time sensitive comment threw me off.  Anyway, I was completely shocked when I opened this!

It's an iPod touch, which I have been wanting for a while, but of course it's the kind of thing I would never just go buy.  It's basically everything that an iPhone is without the phone (and the additional $30/month that will cost you).  It plays music, of course, but it also has wifi so it's like a little mini computer I can take with me anywhere.  I love it!!!  If you have a an iPhone or an iPod touch, please leave me a comment to let me know what your favorite app is.  So far my favorites are Facebook, Pandora Radio, and NPR.

Oh, and it was "time sensitive" because we're going out of town next weekend and he knew I would want to get everything set up on it before the trip.  Smart guy.

Wow, what a Mother's Day gift, and what a surprise.  I told Hunter he has now set the bar high for Mother's Day!  ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I L-O-V-E my iTouch!! It is SO convenient. I am not a cell phone person so the phonelessness (crazy word) is not an issue for me either. As for favorite apps, my favorite are: Budget Touch (it syncs with "Budget" app on my mac), Grocery IQ (TOTALLY saves time grocery shopping, running errands, etc.), C25K (couch to 5K training app that talks over your music when you need to run/walk), ABC Animals (for Sam- it has various animal pics and says the letter, you can double tap the pic and actually practice writing the letter too), ICE app (in case of emergency), Child Vaccination (so I don't have to keep up with a paper copy and can easily see which ones he's gotten and that I've delayed- very personalizable) and Kindle for iPhone. I don't have a lot of money to spend on apps so most of these are free/cheap. :) Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

and set the bar high for fathers day too

The Rickards Family said...

I only use free or very cheap apps - here are a few favorites: CardStar (eliminates the need to carry customer cards for stores you frequent), AppBox Pro (has various functions such as a translator, sale price calc, tip calc, etc.), Shazam (identifies songs and artists), Urbanspoon (restaurant finder).