Saturday, May 18, 2013

Busy month of May!

Arthur gets his fourth (I think?) haircut.  I've done all but the first one myself, and I think I do a pretty decent job thanks to our lesson on cutting hair at MOPS!  :)  I do need to invest in better scissors though.


Happy Mother's Day to me!  Eleanor decided that I needed a cake as my gift.  A BIG cake.
I love how Eleanor wanted to hold hands for this picture!

Yes, it was GIGANTIC.  I sent it to work with Hunter after a day or two.

Eleanor is taking swim lessons and asked for goggles.  She was so excited that she wore these ALL day long!

Ready for swim lessons
When did she get so big?!

She's not really a fan of getting her face wet, but she's getting there!

Learning to float

Eleanor's birthday is in July, but she got her own special day at school last week.  I got to join her for snacktime since we brought cupcakes, and I told her that I liked her birthday hat.  "Mama, it is a birthday CROWN."  

The class sang happy birthday to her.

Mmm, rainbow cupcakes!

Disney had a FL resident special this spring, so Eleanor and I both got 4-day passes.  We took Arthur along (he's free) the first two times we went back in February, but we went by ourselves these last two times.  I never think to bring my camera or take pictures while we're there, but I tried to make an effort for our last day.  We went to Magic Kingdom this time, and we did everything!!  We went on the Peter Pan ride, Under the Sea, the merry-go-round, Astro Orbiter, the people mover (twice! this was a favorite), the Barnstormer (her first roller coaster!), Buzz Lightyear, Small World (my favorite), Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, the flying carpets, the Tiki Room, and the speedway.  We also met the fairies and had lunch at the Be Our Guest restaurant (the Beast's castle).  We had long waits for the fairies and to get in for lunch, but otherwise we had very little or no wait for everything we did, so we were done by 6:30.  It was a great day!

So excited on the tram in from the parking lot!
 

 Not great, but here's the classic shot with the castle.

On the merry-go-round

We waited 45 minutes to meet the fairies!  I don't even remember this one's name, but they had a long conversation about what fairies eat.


Finally, Tinkerbell!

They had a great discussion about pirates and how they smell like codfish.



Shortly after leaving the fairies, Eleanor turned to me and said, "Mama, I learned something new today!  Fairies are REAL!  They really DO exist!"  She was so excited.


And now for a little more of Arthur.  The other day we made zucchini bread muffins and I left them out to cool.  I came back in to find Arthur making his own version of muffins!

When he noticed the camera, he looked at me and said, "cheese!"


Some videos

Here is Eleanor singing one of our favorite songs from Music Together - Arthur chimes in a little bit too.  :)


We are not going to be able to attend Eleanor's end of the year program at school, so the teachers were really nice and let me come to one of the practices!  She's on the top right corner.

No comments: