This was probably the funnest thing Eleanor has ever said to me. The other day we all got in the car and I had her yellow headband in my hand. I was putting my seat belt on when she asked me for her sunglasses. I said, "I'm sorry Eleanor, but I don't have your sunglasses in the car. They must be in the house somewhere." Eleanor used a firm, scolding voice and said, "ENOUGH of your lies, Mama! I see them in your hand!" Hunter and I died laughing and tried to figure out what she was talking about. I realized that her sunglasses are also yellow, and when I held up the headband to show her what I had she got kind of sheepish and just said, "Oh." I have no idea where she got the phrase "enough of your lies" - probably from her dad's odd sense of humor - but I have to give her credit for using it correctly!
And another one... Eleanor was playing with a measuring tape and pretending to measure her imaginary mouse: "He is 4 days old." "Eleanor, a measuring tape doesn't tell you how old something is. It tells you how long something is." "Okay. Let's see...he is one pound long." Hmm.
Little Miss Fashion decided to put on her dad's socks over her pajamas. We thought her feet looked like goat hooves.
Arthur has always enjoyed books, but lately it has become his FAVORITE thing to do. I find him like this all the time.
Sensory box fun
Arthur decided it was time to clean up
This child LOVES to help out around the house.
SO proud!
Helping Daddy
Arthur refuses to let anybody else feed him. I was brave and gave him oatmeal to feed himself. Never again.
This morning I was in the other room doing laundry and I came out to find this. When they're not fighting, they can be very sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment