- The other night Eleanor woke up at 2 AM crying, apparently from a bad dream. Through her tears all I could get out of her was something about a pumpkin pie and that Daddy ate the pie and did not give Eleanor a piece. I told him about that in the morning, and guess who decided to go to the store to get everything he needed to make a pumpkin pie? :) It wasn't on the original Christmas menu, but Hunter decided Eleanor must really want some. Plus, I think he wanted some for himself. ;)
- Another pie related quote... Eleanor: "Eleanor likes to eat pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Penny [the cat] likes to eat squirrels with whipped cream." Apparently whipped cream goes well with everything, even squirrel meat.
- "Eleanor is a piglet and Daddy is the Big Bad Wolf. Daddy wants to fatten Eleanor up for more meat." This all comes from books that she reads, with her own spin on it of course. Sometimes I wonder if she really understands what she's saying.
- Along those same lines, Hunter was pretending to be the Big Bad Wolf and was hiding in our closet. He was making funny growling sounds and Eleanor was laughing really hard and running to the closet to find him. She got about 3 feet from the closet door when she suddenly stopped, got very serious and said, "I am too frightened!" and came running back to me. It was hilarious!
- A friend made really cute rag quilts for both Eleanor and Arthur for Christmas. Eleanor looked at them and said, "Arthur can do tummy time on his blanket. Eleanor can do tummy time on Eleanor's blanket." Since then we've spread out her blanket on the living room floor and she does "tummy time" by lying on her stomach and reading a book. Hunter made the mistake of setting Arthur down on Eleanor's blanket once. "Mama wants to scoop Arthur up and put him on Arthur's blanket."
- This isn't a funny one, but it's exciting around here - the other day she said, "I need to poop in the potty" and then actually DID it! And then she did this another time! Of course, there have been 2 days of no success since then, but I think we're making progress. She now wears pull-ups only (yes, disposables, because we were afraid to invest in good cloth ones if she potty trains quickly) and on average she goes to the potty about 3 times/day, sometimes more. We're getting there!
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Final Eleanor-isms of 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment