After 22 months of use, I was able to sell Eleanor's diapers for just over 40% of what I originally paid for them! In the end, I spent as much on diapers for 22 months as most parents spend on about 6 months of disposable diapers. Yes I had to wash them, but I even went back and compared my gas/water/electric bills from her first year to the year before, and I really couldn't tell a difference. Plus, NO diaper rashes (besides food related ones...watch out for those pickles!) - even my pediatrician noticed this and commented on it in surprise at Eleanor's one year checkup. And of course, NO filling up landfills with human waste and diapers that take 500 years to decompose. Also, did you know it takes 2/3 cup of crude oil to make ONE disposable diaper? Okay, so maybe that was several reasons to add to the list right there. ;)
Now I have a new stash with lots of cute colors for Arthur! We have three each of these colors:
These are BumGenius 4.0 diapers (I had 3.0's) with snaps - I definitely prefer them to the velcro closures I had before. (A. Toddlers can't take them off very easily, B. Snaps don't get ratty over time like vecro does.) Eleanor's breaking them in for Arthur right now...we've got to work on this whole potty training thing. However, I am happy to say that she LOVES the orange diapers and always asks to wear them. She makes her Clemson mama proud. ;)
FYI - if you are interested in these diapers, CottonBabies.com has a great sale on them for buy 5, get 1 free, with free shipping. The sale ends on May 31st.
3 comments:
Good for you! I agree I have snaps on my FLIP and Grovia diapers and prefer them much more over the ones with velcro! And Congratulations on your little boy coming soon!
Melissa T.
Hooray for upgrading! When I ordered mine I put orange as the second pick color...out of 24 diapers 12 are orange! Ha! Go tigers.
I suppose I had better check in to the cloth diaper thing. I am all about saving some money!
Post a Comment