Eleanor loves music, and sometimes she tells me what to sing. Lately we've been singing "Old MacDonald" a lot, and I sing "On that farm he had a ..." and let her fill in the blank with an animal. Here are some of the interesting animals that Old MacDonald now has living on his farm:
- Insect
- Monkey
- Platypus
- Penguin
- Osito (meaning little bear...specifically her stuffed bear that she sleeps with)
- Raccoon
- Caterpillar
Coming up with a sound to make was a bit challenging for some of these!
Hunter also started singing "Pop goes Osito" instead of "Pop goes the Weasel" to her. Well, the other night I asked her what song she wanted me to sing, and she said "The Penguin Song." (She'll say this about random things and then I have to make up songs about them. We have a special song about the ceiling fan, for example.) Anyway, she said something along the lines of, "The penguin.... umm... the monkey... and... the monkey chase... the... The monkey chase the penguin!" So I sang "Pop goes the Penguin" and that seemed to be what she was after. ("All around the cobbler's bench, the monkey chased the penguin...")
Tonight Hunter gave her a bath (he does this every night now, since it's a little hard for me to lean over the tall side of the tub) and she wanted to stay and play in the water. He said, "Okay, one more minute." Her response: "Two minutes! Two minutes!" She's already been bargaining with books - sometimes I'll say, "I'll read you two books" and she'll say "five books!" "No, Eleanor, just two books." "Three books!" She would do well shopping in Latin America, I think.
Reading a magazine
(This local interior design magazine that came in the newspaper was a hit - she's even taken it in the car with her.)
(This local interior design magazine that came in the newspaper was a hit - she's even taken it in the car with her.)
Who needs fancy toys?
Ahh, covered in dirt.
We have a big pile of dirt in our yard from where Hunter dug up holes for our new hammock posts. She loves to sit and dig and lie down in the dirt.
Another day, another dirt-covered face
(She's sad because she wants to hold the camera.)
Finally, in baby news - Hunter got to feel the baby kick the other day! He (I'm going with "he" although I'm still not totally convinced) has been moving a lot lately. More than I remember Eleanor or certainly Ada moving at this point. It's making me nervous that he's going to be a wild one! ;) Also, I still don't have my big ultrasound scheduled! And I'm 18 1/2 weeks! My OB told me on Wednesday that they would schedule one for me, and I've already called and left a message once about it, but I will be calling again tomorrow. This is a little crazy and I'm starting to feel anxious about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment