Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Still missing


Our cat is still missing. It's been 5 days now and I'm starting to lose hope. We've posted ads on a couple of websites, hung flyers all over the neighborhood, called 3 animal shelters, visited 2 of the shelters (the other said that no cats had been brought in), and called and left descriptions with 6 area vets. At this point there's just nothing more we can do. The thing that bothers me the most is that if she doesn't come back, we'll never know what happened to her. She is very skittish and terrified of every human besides the two of us, so I really don't think she's found a new home. I'm afraid something bad has happened to her. After all, we've seen snakes and bobcats around here and heard about alligator sightings. I just wish I could know what's happened to her, even if it's the worst news. I keep waiting to hear her little paws on the window and I get excited every time the phone rings. I miss my Lincoln. :( Her sister misses her, too.

By the way, I took that picture one day when I was eating cereal. This is how intently she stares at me, waiting for the milk!

1 comment:

Pam Light said...

Sorry she's still missing... I hope she turns up and surprises you. Pets have a way of meaning more to us than we even realize, don't they?