Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Don't buy pink yet, but...


...I think it's a girl."

That's what the doctor said this afternoon! She did another ultrasound, which I'm starting to think she might do at every appointment. Everything looks great and I'll have to post the pictures on here soon. The baby moved around a lot, waving at us and even stretching out. The heart rate was 170, and the baby is now 10 cm long. Of course, finding out that the baby is healthy is the most important thing to me. But also, we were both very curious about the sex of the baby so the doctor checked for us. We didn't see anything to make us think it's a boy, and I'm 16 weeks today so I think that's far enough along to tell. She said not to buy pink yet, but that her "educated guess" is that it's a girl!

I'm going to have a quad screen (blood test) done soon, and we're also being scheduled for a level 2 ultrasound. I believe that's more thorough than the one I had last time with Ada. I hate what I had to go through to get here, but I am thankful for all of the special treatment from my doctor. Today when I told her I was hoping for an ultrasound but I didn't want to ask for one, she said, "You can have anything you want during this pregnancy." She's so nice, and it definitely gives me peace of mind. Surprisingly, I am more calm and less worried about this pregnancy than I was with Ada. From the beginning last time I had this feeling that something was going to go wrong, and I don't have that this time. I know it's weird, but it's true. Also, I think I learned that some things are just out of our hands and there's nothing we can do about it. So, I'm just trying to enjoy my pregnancy as much as possible - without forgetting about my sweet Ada.

3 comments:

Dave Gladson said...

Awesome!

Kara said...

So glad you have a Dr that's sensitive to what you are going through. Are you excited about another girl? For some people that makes it harder, but for me I was glad we were having another boy.
(Oh and my bedding was a pottery barn find from ebay)

Anonymous said...

That is exciting! At 15 weeks they told me Ansley was probably a boy. :) So don't buy anything for real!