Thursday, January 29, 2009

Second trimester!


I have made it to the second trimester (okay, it officially begins tomorrow), and this baby sure is growing! Sometimes I can't get over how big it is already! Still, we have many months to go. Lately I've spent a lot of time researching baby stuff - cloth diapers, high chairs, diaper bags, strollers, etc. I know it's kind of early to do that, but working on that has made this baby real to me and helped me get excited. The cloth diapers make me more excited than anything and I know everybody thinks that's strange! I've read lots of information and reviews on them, and it seems like it really just comes down to doing an extra load of laundry every couple of days. (I do plan to get the flushable rice paper inserts so I don't have to dunk the poopy ones in the toilet.) It will keep human waste and lots of plastic that will never disintegrate out of our landfills, so I'm all for it. Plus, it could save us several thousand dollars, assuming that we can use the same diapers for the next baby. Anyway, I just had to get that out there because I'm so excited about them!

We have also been discussing names - girl names, really. We have two boy names that I love (including the middle names) and I would really have a hard time choosing between them. So, I'm just focusing on the girl names for now. Hopefully we'll get to find out what this baby is in a month or so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute Pregnant.

Chad, Marissa and Emma said...

You look great Beth!

Kara said...

You look great!! There is a really good book called Baby Bargains that gives reviews based on stuff like consumer reports does, but also from feedback from people who have used the products. It reviews everything from carseats to highchairs and clothes even (I think). It is really helpful in deciding what stuff will give you the most for your money. Just be sure and get the most recent edition.

emilyvalentine said...

What a beautiful picture of my beautiful friend.