Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

Fay sure did mess things up this past week. Monday was the first day of school, and then we didn't have school the rest of the week! I spend the first day mostly going over procedures, so I seriously doubt that the kids remember any of that stuff by now. We were perfectly fine at our house and my brother was too, but here are some pictures from our county. These pictures are NOT all taken at the same place - some are in Melbourne, some are in West Melbourne, and some are in Palm Bay. There were reports of nearly 30" of rain in some areas. And no, I did not take these pictures - I stole them from some news websites.

This is only a few miles away from our house.

I think that tow truck drivers have been kept very busy.

The National Guard had to come in and evacuate this community of retirees.

Lots of people got around their neighborhoods on boats or airboats.

Finally, this one is my favorite - it's a 4-5 lb bass swimming in someone's front yard. There were also a couple of reports of alligators roaming neighborhoods, and Hunter says he saw an otter in the lake by our house.

No comments: