Friday, June 15, 2012

Update

Well, it's been a while.  Here are some of our latest little happenings:

Arthur is growing!  He has officially grown out of some of his 12 month clothes, though it depends on the brand.  I'm really glad there's a consignment sale next month because he'll probably outgrow everything he owns by then.  He is also quite mobile now.  He's not fast and he doesn't just go, go, go, but if he sees something he wants he goes and gets it...including Mama working in the kitchen.  Yesterday I spent about 2 hours cleaning the floors, under furniture, etc. to make sure everything is clean for him.  A crawling baby is big motivation to keep your floor clean!  Oh, and he is also definitely a little people person.  We had VBS this week and Arthur was in the nursery while I volunteered.  One of the nursery workers told me that he is the happiest baby she's ever seen.  She knew Eleanor as a baby too and said that Eleanor didn't cry and liked to observe everybody, but Arthur just smiles at everybody all the time.  What is this extroverted little boy going to do in this family?

Eleanor is growing up and really turning into a little preschooler...or maybe I should say teenager because she already thinks she knows more than me.  The other day around 2:00 she said, "It is not evening."  I said, "You're right, it's afternoon."  I went on to explain that afternoon means after lunchtime and that we just ate lunch a while ago.  She started laughing and said, "That is NOT how it goes, Mama!"  I've gotten this response several times lately!

Yesterday morning we heard her wake up on the monitor telling a story that went something like this:  "Eleanor was making cookies for Brock [a little boy she knows] with Mama, but Daddy STOLE the cookie!  Daddy came in and took the very last cookie and ate up the cookie!"  Of course, nothing about this story was true.  Hunter went up to take her to the bathroom and asked her about it and said, "Did that really happen, Eleanor?"  "No..." "It sounds like maybe it was a dream."  "Yes!  It was a dream."  So if you wonder what little kids dream about, there you go!

Like I said, we had VBS this week but we ended up leaving early on Wednesday when I realized Eleanor was sick.  Over the past few days Arthur, Eleanor, and I have been sick off and on, but I'm hoping we're almost done with it.  Yuck.

Now for pictures...

Playing together!  Finally!

Sweet sleepy boy

At a park by the river
(And this is the last picture I have of her because she does not like the camera!)

Arthur enjoyed the river, too

He likes Eleanor's train set!

Uh oh, now where will the train go?

Cousin love!

He's starting to get into things!

"I'm stuck!"

Riding on the tricycle for the first time!

He's not super fast, but he can get what he wants
(And those are 24 month pajamas!  The legs are too long, but otherwise they fit.  The poor kid doesn't have any in size 18 months so we just make bigger hand me downs work.  Why buy new ones when he'll be out of them in a month?)

This video makes me laugh.  It's a little old - thankfully Eleanor has gotten better about sharing with her brother.  She has also learned that if she plays with her toys up on the couch then Arthur can't get to her...for now.  ;)  Sometimes she's really sweet about sharing with him, but not always!

No comments: