Well, I don't know if last night was actually Eleanor's first bad dream ever, but it was certainly the first one that woke her up screaming that she was then able to tell us about. Around 11:00 last night she scared us to death because she woke up screaming at the top of her lungs. I couldn't quite make out what she was saying, but I'm pretty sure I heard "scary! scary!" We both ran up to her room and Hunter picked her up and held her. She said something about a green snake in her bed, and pretty quickly fell back asleep.
This morning when she woke up, I went up to get her. She was her usual happy self, but she said something like, "There are snakes in the bed!" I looked under the covers and said, "No, there are no snakes. I don't see any snakes in your bed." "Green snakes in the bed, biting Eleanor!" "Did the snakes bite you?" "Yes!" "And did that make you sad?" "Yes! Snakes hurt Eleanor!" Of course I checked her bed to make sure there was nothing weird that could have been poking her or something, but there was nothing unusual. Right before she went to bed last night we read a book about a mouse who didn't like his house and went around to a bunch of different animals' homes to try to sleep with them. He didn't want to stay with the green snakes though, because he was scared of them. I'm guessing this was the cause!
Poor thing...what a bad dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment