Well, I am definitely in the third trimester - my body literally seemed to change overnight! One night last week I woke up at 12:30 with horrible heartburn. I've only ever had it before during my third trimester with Eleanor, but it was never that bad! Fortunately I had some TUMS, so no big deal. Well, it woke me up again at 2:30! Then, when I woke up in the morning, my right foot was swollen - that's the first time I've had swollen feet during this pregnancy, though I did have them a lot during the last few months with Eleanor and it was almost always the right foot. (No blood pressure issues at all though, thankfully!) And, when I went to put my wedding rings on (I have never been able to sleep with them on), they wouldn't fit! Of course, I couldn't wear my rings after 20 weeks with Ada or Eleanor so it was no surprise, but I thought it was pretty crazy that everything happened in the span of about 8 hours. Thankfully all of those symptoms have mostly disappeared by now - I am wearing my rings at the moment - but I have a feeling they'll keep popping up over the next 3 months.
Yesterday after Hunter came home I went out to Target to return some stuff and look for a few things. I love Target, and I can easily spend over an hour there when I'm by myself, but yesterday I didn't stay long because it felt like I had a cantaloupe strapped to my belly. My back started to hurt and my sides started to ache - I do not remember feeling like this at 6 months pregnant before! I guess I'm just getting older. ;) It's all totally worth it of course, though I don't think Hunter's going to get his wish of us having 2 or 3 more children!
I had an ultrasound last week and Arthur is measuring BIG. Well, mainly his HEAD is big! It's off the charts (not a surprise or concern), he is "VERY tall" (don't know the percentile), and he's around the 77th percentile for weight. I honestly don't know how much stock I put in their weight estimates, because they told me Eleanor was going to be really big and at least 8 lbs, but she was only 7lb3oz. She was really tall at 21" though and also had a very large head, so maybe that's what threw off their estimate. I'm kind of hoping the same thing is happening this time. Still, I'm getting a little nervous about pushing that head out since we had to use the vacuum with Eleanor and she was only 38 weeks. I'm afraid my OB will want to induce early again, which I really don't want to do this time, but I will do it if I'm afraid that the alternative is them having to do a c-section because his head is too big. Hunter and I are both more relaxed with this pregnancy, but he's still more paranoid then I am and is leaning more towards the idea of induction.
The nesting instinct also kicked in big time last week! I went in to dust and vacuum one room, and three hours later I had 4 bags of stuff for Good Will, one bag of trash, and I had completely rearranged a closet in a different room. I keep noticing things everywhere that need to be cleaned or organized!
Yesterday we had a little scare, but everything is completely fine. I was stopped at a stoplight and about to turn right onto a major road. I started to go, then changed my mind when I saw how fast the oncoming traffic was coming, and I stopped. Well, the person behind me was looking to her left, also seeing if she could turn, and didn't look ahead at ME as she rolled forward. My Corolla got a little dent in it and her Suburban was undamaged. We had to wait out in the heat with a million mosquitoes for about an hour, but everything is fine now. Hunter asked me at least 20 times if I'm sure I'm fine, and I promise him I am. I've felt Arthur move plenty since it happened. I think Eleanor has caused more trauma to my belly just by squirming around on my lap. Anyway, this was my first accident ever, but at least I wasn't at fault and the lady who hit me was super nice about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment