Me: Eleanor, do you want to go to the store?
Eleanor: No! [continues playing with doll]
Me, knowing how much she loves shoes: Let's go put on your shoes so we can go to the store!
Eleanor: No! [continues playing with doll]
Me: Do you want to go to the store and get a cookie?
Eleanor: [jumps out of chair, walking quickly towards the door] Go to the store. Get cookie. Get cookie store. etc. etc.
It's amazing how much entertainment she gets out of the cookie. First she stares at it for about 10 minutes, then licks it for a while, and finally eats it. It almost keeps her from shrieking loudly and throwing stuff out of the cart. Almost. She finally finished it in the parking lot on the way out to the car.
Other recent funny sayings:
- While rubbing Hunter's nearly bald head, she said, "Daddy hair so pretty!" That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time! :)
- We've started giving her chewable vitamins, and Hunter has taught her that they're "special treats." So now she'll come into a room and say, "Want special treat!"
- Yesterday we watched two lizards from our window. She's seen lizards eat before and knows what insects are, so I asked her, "What does the lizard eat?" She responded, "hay!"
- Yesterday I had her in a dress with a diaper but no bloomers. (Meaning she can get her diaper off herself...) We were sitting at her little table and she said something like "El-nor sit bottom on chair." "Yes Eleanor, you are sitting on your bottom on the chair." "Diaper off." That made me go hmmmm and look around, and sure enough her diaper was lying on the floor on the other side of the room. Thankfully we got it back on before there were any accidents! (This is part of why I would choose snaps instead of velcro if I were getting new diapers...)



No comments:
Post a Comment