I had my first ultrasound today! (Finally!) When the doctor turned on the machine, we immediately saw two large circles and the doctor said, "Oh wow." Hunter and I both thought that we were seeing two sacs and that we were having twins! Then she changed the angle a little bit, and the two circles turned into a head and a body. Whew! (Not that we wouldn't be thrilled with twins, but that would be quite a handful!)
The baby put on quite a show for us, waving its arms and legs around and flipping its entire body. Unfortunately the picture the doctor caught isn't quite as good as what all we saw - here you're looking at the baby from its side and it's facing down, sort of curled up. I think that little white circle is its elbow. The head is on the left.
I forgot to ask about the heart rate (just out of curiosity), but everything looked great. We could even see the umbilical cord. My doctor said I will probably not be considered high risk this time, but she will at least have a level 2 ultrasound done sometime around 20 weeks just to be safe. So far, everything is great! Oh, and the baby is now 3.5 cm (the doctor even got out a measuring tape to show me exactly) and is measuring at 10 weeks, 4 days. I'm 9 weeks, 6 days, but the doctor said up to 5 days one way or the other is fine.
Eleanor was there for the whole thing, but she wasn't too impressed. On the way home, however, she randomly said, "Sister!" Maybe she thinks she just saw her sister...? Or maybe she's excited to be a sister to a baby boy or girl? We should know in another 2-3 months, I guess!

3 comments:
I'm so happy for y'all!!!
Glad to here everything is looking well! I hope you feel well - physically AND emotionally.
xo
Stephanie
PS I still think it's a boy. :) Just a feeling.
Post a Comment